Floor coverings in modern design are represented by means of a variety of substances, many of which resemble natural timber in their own characteristics. The leading position among this chic assortment is accepted by tiles . It’s manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a 1poshtoram.ru result of rich selection of textures and colors, such floors appear spectacular and stylish, and match with any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The massive need for floor tiles under laminate is explained not just with their presentable appearance, but also by a range of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, so it is often used as the primary element for decorating floors.
Among the positive properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat does not wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in program. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products aren’t terrified of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The material is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable spot for the formation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are suitable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at high temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t inferior to flooring made from pure wood or stone.
However perfect this material is, it is not devoid of downsides.
The main disadvantages of artificial laminate may include:
- The large price. The product, that can last more than a dozen decades is expensive, but in operation, these costs are sure to pay off;
- low prices of noise insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of two different types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first variant of the coating is obtained from the technology of monocottura.
This type of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic flooring is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
As for porcelain stoneware, it’s made of special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burned and pressed under high pressure. The end result is a durable and beautiful ending material.
The 2 types of boards just replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are readily available.