The definition of plaster is as follows – it is a finishing coating, which is shaped after the healing of the building mixture. It is used to apply to a infested surface (concrete, brick, and timber ) of an erected structure and enables you to accomplish a rough leveling of the walls. The layer can achieve several centimeters.
There are two big collections of plaster:
And in the event the first functions only as a base layer, which will then be applied concluding, and then the cosmetic is utilized as the final layer. The mixture is protected from all negative environmental factors and allows you to create a beautiful texture in the surface. But since we wish to know what the difference between a simple plaster and putty, we are not going to touch the cosmetic mixes. To summarize, the decorative mixes differ in their arrangement, their granularity is higher, and their plasticity is less.
Regular plaster has been divided into different types, depending on the Primary element in the essay:
- The selection of plaster depends on the substance from which the walls are created. As an example, concrete or brick walls have been completed with cement compositions. But lime compositions will match walls made of silicate.
Previously, plaster blends based on clay were quite popular. It is very good to decorate and insulate wooden buildings. But, its performance features aren’t happy. Since the purchase price of this product is low, plaster can be used for finishing agricultural structures.
To attain a rough leveling suitable compositions of its production. These are cement-sand mixtures, also compositions of lime and similar elements. They’re blended with water. For a plaster coating to have thermal and soundproofing attributes, foam glass, sawdust, polystyrene foam may be inserted into it. It’s these combinations are great for residential buildings positioned in places where there’s a whole lot of sound (train stations, airfields, homes near stadiums, etc.).
The principal difference between plaster and putty is that the thickness of the coating applied. According to the technology, plaster is permitted to employ both a thin coating (a few mm) plus a thick one (more than 1 cm). The application process itself masterprofnastila.ru can be divided into various stages:
- The Way of massaging or spraying. Spattering is performed by way of a mechanical tool. The process is quick and simple. Sketching is performed manually using a trowel or master. The principal aim is to smooth out any imperfections from the wall, creating a base coating of fixation on the face.
- After plastering or screeding, it is necessary to employ a smoothing layer. It could be one or more layers. It helps to build up the thickness of this coating on the wall and also to elongate the plane. And to increase adhesion, a primer is used.
- The covering layer. It is the last. Many times, instead of this putty is applied to the surface. This will allow you to make an even and smooth arrangement. Sometimes you need precisely this property. And how long should plaster dry before puttying? All of it depends on the form of composition. This can be discovered on the packaging out of the products.
- It turns out the putty about the finished plaster is a common thing. It is permitted to apply putty, moreover, it should even be done.
Since the leveling coating can be thick, the technology of applying plaster involves the usage of beacons and net. Beacons – manuals, thanks to that a layer of any thickness is accessed evenly and with no gaps along the length of this wall. Beacons form a section on which plaster is elongated by a rule. And the mesh employed for reinforcement involving layers averts plaster from cracking, crumbling and coming from the surface.
According to the definition, a putty is really a paste-like or powdery material used prior to the use of facing material in interior decoration. They permit you to have a perfectly horizontal surface, smooth and of top quality, that can be painted or taped with binders.